Šta je novo?

SRB Voz ticket issuing question

Učlanjen(a)
Pohvaljen
Hello, Serbian friends.

I hope it's the right place to ask. I want to know how long is the period for advance purchase of tickets on Serbian passanger trains. I need to travel to Belgrade with Nusic night train from Sofia next week and I have a free card as being a railway man in Bulgaria to station Dimitrovgrad ZS. But from there first I dont know if there is ticket issuing on station Dimitrovgrad ZS late in the evening and second I dont trust train conductors on Balkans in general to write me a ticket especially when being a foreigner (in case the ticket office is closed in the evening). Im planning if the answer is positive to go this week and buy my ticket on relation Dimitrovgrad ZS - Beograd from the ticket office. Last but not least I would like to know the exact price in RSD of the ticket for Nusic train on this relation. Thank you in advance for replying and sorry if I spam or something.

Best wishes

Ivan, Bulgaria. :)

Hi,

Usually, train ticket for international train is for one mounth. On Serbian Railways, there is no more special tickets for free or discounted price of ticket for railwaymen. Railwayman is now passenger as any passenger. I don't now what is on international level.

For Dimitrovgrad - Belgrade - Dimitrovgrad both way ticket is 2000 dinars (16-17 euros).

Best wishes

Karlo

You got me wrong ... I'm not intending to use railway man free tickets (FIP). But I can travel for free to Dimitrovgrad ZS with the national card since our infrastructure officially ends in Dimitrovgrad ZS not at the border station Kalotina. I have done this and I've travelled to Dimitrovgrad with the free national card without any problem. I want to buy ticket for internal use Dimitrovgrad-Beograd (to be counted as a passanger in internal traffic in Serbia). Thanks for your reply. :kk:

p.s. Did you mean that I can buy the ticket on date X (let's say this Sunday) and use it in its validity period of one month (not a certain date on it ) ?

If you reside in Sofia, try asking to buy a Dimitrovgrad to Belgrade ticket on the Sofia main station counter which issues international tickets. Once I bought a ticket at Belgrade main station for a one-way trip from Thessaloniki to Belgrade. Similarily, I could have bought a ticket for a shorter portion of way within just Greece or just Macedonia. It worked well and easy. , but I reckon the only condition is that you can board only direct international trains. However, it would be more convenient for you if it's possible, as you should remain aboard the train and never worry about whether there is a ticket counter working or not. Additionally, (again saying if its possible) you will be paying that in Bulgarian levs so no need to exchange currency and look for exchange offices. I bet they do have a ticket counter in Dimitrovgrad but hardly doubt they work at night, even at evening. Recently, ŽS have closed many local station ticket counters and drastically reduced working hours for those that still remain in operation so I wouldn't put my bets on it. Go at Sofia main station and try to buy that ticket for the same train you're going to use.

They are able to sell a ticket from International desk in Sofia most likely but via DB server with a commission added not on Serbian tariff. I couldnt understand is it possible to buy a ticket on week in advance (for example buying for next Friday from ticket office this Sunday) ? Or you dont know about it ? Anyways, thank you for your fast replies and sorry once again if I spammed the forum :sesir:

Have you asked about it? Whats the amount of that additional fee charged by DB? Maybe it turns out buying a ticket which starts in Sofia is the cheapest x safest option for you.

[url=http://beobuild.rs/forum/viewtopic.php?p=379937#p379937:3tpnt63u je napisao(la):
astrodule » Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:06 pm[/url]":3tpnt63u]Yes, you can buy a ticket in advance. Ticket is valid for a period of 30 days.
Thank you. So there is no specific date written on the ticket and I dont need to tell the ticket officer I need a ticket for 15-th April if I go in Dimitrovgrad ZS this Sunday ?

You're right.

Only if you need reservation, but there's no need to reserve the seat since there are always empty seats.

Vrh